We are a group of ladies of all ages who meet on a Wednesday at 2pm. Our meetings normally begin with a short time of reflection, followed by a guest speaker from various avenues of life.
Past speakers have talked on topics including Health & Wellbeing, Newport Workhouses and Organ Donation to name a few. We also have meals together throughout the year – you can see us enjoying a tasty afternoon tea in the photographs below.
As a group, we also support various charities, such as; Open Doors, Noah’s Ark and Mary’s Meals, for which we collected 89 rucksacks. In 2018, we had an Open Doors Tea Party, in which we were touched deeply by the testimonies of those around the world who face persecution and even death for daring to follow Jesus.
In May 2019, our group held a church service to share the love of Jesus. We thank God that we are free to meet together in this way and ask that He continues to bless our plans for 2020.
Feel free to join us for any – or all – of these meetings!
Agenda for January-April 2020:
- 22nd January – Talk by Rev. Emma Mohr
- 29th January – Quiz (Preparation for ‘C’ event)
- 5th February – The ‘C’ event
- 12th February – Talk by Sharon Lewis (Leprosy Mission)
- 19th February – no meeting during half-term
- 26th February – Talk by John Cooper
- 4th March – Talk by Jim Keech
- 11th March – Talk by Paddy Landers
- 18th March – Lunch at Trios café (Pontnewydd village)
- 25th March – Talk by Lorna Pearson
- 1st April – Beetle Drive